Meet the Speaker
Sister Kathleen Drilling, SSND, St. Paul Catholic Newman Center, Director of Religious Education, Roman Catholic perspective
About the Speaker
I was born and raised in the Central Valley, Tulare California, and attended California State University, Fresno. In 1967 I entered the School Sisters of Notre Dame as a member of the St. Louis Province. I am a product of the times and they have been exciting both in the Catholic Church with Vatican Council II and the changes it brought to my life and the life of the Roman Catholic Church.
On a national level the “times they are a changing” and I was always involved. Teaching in Fresno for over 35 years at elementary and secondary levels and now working at a parish level has given me a broad vision and experience for personal growth.
Educationally I received a Masters in Pastoral Studies and Spirituality from Loyola University of Chicago and for a year at Fresno Pacific University at the Center for Peace studying Peacemaking and Conflict Resolution
- Interfaith Scholar Weekend, Member
- International Roman Catholic Religious Congregation, Member
- Diocese of Fresno, Catholic School Administrator and Educator
- Provincial Leadership Assembly representing California and Arizona, Elected Member
- School Sister of Notre Dame, Central Pacific Province
- Sister of Notre Dame Shalom and Racial Justice Committee of the Central Pacific Province, Member
- SSND Community Racial Justice Committee’s Summer of Solidarity Education Project, Member
- St. Paul Catholic Newman Center Parish, Member
- St. Paul Newman Center, Director of Religious Education